What We Believe
We believe God is known as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the Creator who seeks to restore fallen humanity to Himself through Jesus Christ, the only way to eternal life.
As the people of God abiding in Christ Jesus, each of us together commits to the following:
1. I will participate regularly with the entire congregation and within smaller gatherings for worship, study, prayer, Christian fellowship, and mission.
2. I will be involved in the ministry and outreach of the congregation as I exercise the gifts the Holy Spirit has given to me.
3. Through my words and actions, I will testify to those in my community and world about the good news of Jesus Christ.
4. I accept the Holy Bible as the Inspired Word of God and will look to it as the authoritative guide for my life. I will regularly spend time in Bible reading and prayer. Under the Holy Spirit’s guidance, our faith community will interpret scripture in light of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
5. I will give to the church on a regular basis in proportion to my resources and will strive to be a good steward of all of my resources, time, and abilities. I desire to live a life of simplicity and separation from our materialistic society so that I may share with those in need.
6. I am willing to receive and give counsel, correction, and encouragement in this fellowship. If I am involved in a misunderstanding or conflict with another member, I will make reconciliation a priority. Offending this covenant by becoming inactive or by allowing sin to rule in my life will result in
exhortation, discipline, or eventual dismissal from membership. Matthew 18: 15-18 will be our guide.
7. I believe the Spirit of Jesus empowers us to trust God in all areas of life so we become peacemakers within our community and across cultures and borders. Therefore, I will seek to renounce violence of all kinds, pursue reconciliation, promote justice, and love my enemies.
8. I will seek the health and vitality of marriage, family life and singleness. In marriage and family difficulty, I will make every effort through Christian resources and the supportive ministry of the congregation to seek reconciliation. Marriage is a covenant between one man and one woman for life and the only place for right sexual union.
Zion Mennonite Church affirms the Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective as a reference for the biblical interpretation of Christian faith and life.